2010

Posted by May on Sunday, January 09, 2011

So, that was one unintentionally long break.

I know in the past 2 months, I've dropped off the blogging radar and even now, I'm not exactly back on the radar. However, I just really felt like writing a post about 2010. I wrote a post about 2009 which can be found 'here' and as you can see, my life has nearly took a 360 degree turn.

2010 was probably the year which I noticed a significant change in my life. Like Steph LKC said on her tumblr - "There has been a lot of could-haves, should-haves and omfg-I want to kill someone-moments." - "There’s been some friendship fall outs, some doubts, tears, sicknesses and injuries too."

In 2010, my little clan/group/gang - "Rodrick Fierze" of 3 members from 2009 increased to 5 members and joined alliances with "Shimmer". Therefore we are now Rodrick Fierze + Shimmer. RF + Shimmer are basically my "shadows" - Even though they might not be there with me 24/7, they are always on my mind. They are my big brother and sisters from another mother. At times, I like to see them as the guardian angels that God has given to me. They are like the ketchup to my cheese burger, the flavor that makes up my bubble tea. In other words, life would not be the same without them. (I should really take this mushy talk down a notch!)

And to answer your question LKC, the Fierze group don't all go to the same university so I guess we just have to put in a little more effort than the norm to not drift away. (I totally dedicated a small section just for you Jessie!) ;)

Disgressing from that, a lot of things happened this year which has been pretty memorable and of course when there are ups, there are probably bound to have downs.
I've learnt that even though my heart at times feels like it's being put through a mincing machine, I'll still survive. Even though sometimes, I think that the painful memories will never go away; sometimes it does. Sometimes, it fades into nothing more than a distant memory.

At first, I didn't think 2010 was the best year for me but after reading through my past blog post over the past few days I think it's probably one of the best years of my life - possibly even the best. I thought 2010 could have ended wayy better than how it actually ended but aside from that, 2010 was a pretty good year.