New Year, New Attitude

Posted by May on Friday, January 01, 2010

So, its yet another new year and as promised, I have return from my long awaited hiatus.

Before I say farewell to 2009, I would like to reminisce the memories for the last time - in no particular order at all.

2009 has a very challenging year for me.

I travelled on a plane alone by myself to Singapore for the first time. I got to meet up with my Singapore friends who I never had the chance to meet since I left for Perth, 6 years ago. I got to meet Amelia and Emma-Jane (my Australian cousins) who I never got the chance to know before due to the differences in age gap. I got to spend some time with Bryan, my closest childhood friend who made my holiday enjoyable! (Sadly, I accidentally deleted the picture we took together!) I also got to see my other cousins who I use to consider my closest cousins, but sadly, I discovered I have distant from them a lot - more than I initially thought.

singapore2singapore singapore1
- My closest Singapore friends!

It was about experiencing high school life for the last time as a student. This year, I cherished every moment of high school. From the recess/lunch breaks where I would rushed to the canteen dragging Sta* along just to get my 'ham and cheese toasted sandwich', gossiping with teachers about the year 10's, laughing at some of my teachers silly sense of humour, year 12 ball to the mounting amounts of homework on my desk waiting to be completed, receiving test results that made my smile turn upside down for the rest of the day, getting in an argument with a teacher for the first time since i moved to Perth.

schoolschool1school2school3

yearyear1year2

ball8ball2
ball3ball1
ballball7
- Year 12 would not be completed without the year 12 ball

camwhorecamwhore8
camwhore5camwhore2
- Oh, good times!

camwhore6camwhore3
camwhore4camwhore7
camwhore9camwhore10
camwhore11 camwhore12
camwhore13camwhore14
- As you can tell, I was a VERY productive student in school!
(It amazes me how we manage to get away with all this cam-whoring during class!!)

- Leavers 2009 - CANT TOP THIS!

I decided on my future career after thinking about it for a long time. But I think the decision was clear when a special person inspired me to follow in the same path. I asked for advices from family, teachers and friends. But, right now..I rather keep my future career a secret as I do feel a little embarrassed sharing to others after seeing similar reactions. But, right now.. its something that I just HAVE to give a shot. I know its a tough career but my heart tells me to go for it, so that is what I'm going to do. Follow my heart.

I joined a church choir/youth group (JPYM) and made lots of new friends, some who I get along with easily and feel comfortable around while others are taking a little more time for me to open up to them. Joining JPYM has been a blessing for me. I found my twin (Matt) who is very similar like me in character, personality and we both have trusting issues. OH ALLELUIA! I no longer feel like I'm the odd one out. I also got to know my cousin/nephew (Brandon) who I get along with fairly well and not forgetting Joyce, my closest friend in JPYM.

jpym

Moving on.. this year, I have had to face truths that have hurt me and caused me to cry such as being betrayed by people who I trusted. In some cases, even ending the friendship because of the pain and scar that they has been left deep in my heart. This year has also been about friendship - making new friends, losing friends and reuniting with friends who I have drifted away from over the past months/years. It was about love - being asked on dates, being asked to be involved in a relationship, liking my crushes and in some cases, even tears were involved. Sometimes love brings me indescribable happiness, sometimes it leaves my heart torn and bruised. Love is such a strange thing!

There have also been unhappy memories this year such as hearing people gossiping about each other behind their back (which does make me think that I COULD be gossiped about too behind my back - making me more reserved and quiet around a certain group of friends), watching someone betray a friend's trust by telling others a secret that was only meant for their ears - and their ears only. Usually, I would just close one eye and mind my own business but this time, I decided to tell him/her that they were being betrayed. Yes, I'm untrustworthy by telling them who betrayed them when I should be keeping a secret but I rather not be trusted than watch a friend be betrayed behind their back. I think we all know which hurts MORE at the end of the day, so try looking from my point of view and you will understand why I did what I did.

--

So, leaving this old chapter behind.. I think I'm ready for a brand new year!

I guess I should start wrapping up this blog post so...

A toast to a brand new year!

A new year offers a new chance to learn from our past mistakes and change ourselves to become a better person than who we were before.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!