About Me

Posted by May on Friday, January 01, 2010

May Zhang Well, I'm not really the type of person who likes making introductions. However, I believe that every blog reader deserves to know a little about the blogger that they’re reading about. I guess you could say it gives the reader a sense of the blogger's identity. I guess I might as well take this chance to introduce myself.

Welcome to the life of the average, everyday teenager you see walking down the streets. Most people get the impression that she’s shy and quiet, but when one gets to know her, one gets to see her for who she really is: talkative, random, and very annoying at times! Anyways, should you be curious enough to dig a little deeper, you’re definitely at the right place! Welcome to her blog - a little window into her life.

This blog is a place for her to share with the world her journey through the teenage life. It’s pretty much a sanctuary where she can vent her anger (like when Julie won Masterchef when Poh was obviously the better cook, because, wait - wasn't Julie the contestant who couldn't differentiate an onion and a shallot?! Oh right! And she became Australia's first Masterchef?) Dayum! I totally regretted not joining Masterchef! *adds to mental list of regrets*

Moving on, I guess this is where the whole 'first person point of view' thing that we learn in English comes in. I've been a blogger since 2007, the year when Mega Millions set a new world record for the highest lottery jackpot won in the US - $370 million. I believe it was also the same year when I was still wearing glasses and when I resolutely believed that Maplestory was the coolest MMORPG game that had ever surfaced this earth. Due to a few unfortunate circumstances, I closed down my blog a few times, but have no fear, May is back yet again!

I am known to my friends and teachers as May Zhang but I actually go by 3 last names. Zhang, Cheong and Cheng (long story!). A quick search on Google shows that I'm an acupuncture therapy in Boston, my name is found once a month on the calendar and apparently I am a Chinese actress that always plays the 'hero' role in movies (Memoirs of a Geisha, anyone?).

If I could choose my own way of communicating on this earth, I would choose to communicate through breadcrumbs leading to puzzle-style clues. I mean, why not spice up life and make life a little more interesting than usual? Being interesting never harmed anyone right? And I don't mean to sound arrogant but I'm pretty much one of the best procrastinators/ranters you will ever come across in your short, human life span. Obviously, this is only true in the virtual world. For in real life, I am only a procrastinator.

Like everyone else, I have a few nicknames. Most people's nicknames are shorter than their name, but my nicknames are pretty much the opposite. My favorite and most used nickname is 'a-MAY-zing'. I love this particular nickname because adding a few extra letters to my ordinary, boring and short name makes it way more lively. Which is amazing in itself, pun intended. But I guess you wouldn't really understand it unless you’re me.

Anyways, I guess I could keep ranting on and on about myself, such as the fact that my full name consists of 25 letters. And, that is usually a pretty cool thing until I try to book a plane ticket and the maximum number they accept is 20. Yes you read that right.

But, I guess for now. I will just end it here.