Vault™

Posted by May on Wednesday, July 20, 2011

For a while now, I've been wondering to myself if I am a good friend. Perhaps my own definition of being a 'good friend' is somewhat skewed to the status quo. I can't help but continuously ask myself, 'Am I not good enough?'. Yet at the same time, it is not my insecurity talking, it is simply a question that remains unasked.

I've tried in my own clumsy ways, to be what I could. But no matter what I did, I was always under the impression that my efforts seemed to go unnoticed. I don't feel betrayed, because I don't think I have the right to feel that way. We just found ourselves on different wavelengths, it was inevitable.

Surprisingly - it doesn't hurt anymore. It seems that I've already grown accustomed to the pain. Maybe I've already started to move on, without knowing? However, I got to admit, I do feel a certain sadness watching the bitter smoke unfurling from the extinguished lantern. A lantern that once held great promise.


I accept that perhaps our paths were meant to cross but never entwine.

Quoted by an "old friend".

I still care, and always will.
Once your in my heart, your there forever.