Joyce Rodrick Fierze, this one is for you.

Posted by May on Monday, May 02, 2011

Firstly, I'm going to be really honest and say that as I type up this blog post in the comfort of my own room, I'm not too comfortable blogging about my friendship with Joyce. In fact, If I had a choice right now, I wouldn't publish this post at all. Why?

To be honest, I'm not too sure about it myself but I just don't like talking about my friendship with Joyce to others. There are some friendships which holds a special place in my heart and I rather keep it personal and I guess, this is just one of them.

I guess you could say that when it comes to my relationship with Joyce, she is my sister from another mother. Our relationship is basically like any other ordinary siblings relationship. The way you get annoyed at your siblings is probably the same way we get annoyed at each other.

I'm pretty open to everyone about the funny things that happens to both of us when we are together but other than that, I tend to be pretty discrete about everything else. I guess to me, the way the MJ (May/Joyce) relationship works has always been kept like a secret behind close doors. It's not that I want to be secretive, but it's more like a topic that I rather not talk about UNLESS - you are really close to both of us. But even then, I don't really share much.

But, Joyce is very special to me and she changes my life just by being part of it. She makes me believe that there is really 'good' in the world. She walks in when the rest of the word walks out. There are times, she knows what I'm thinking or feeling and I don't need to say anything. Sometimes, we communicate through eye contact and make funny hand actions before one of us burst out laughing. We tend to whisper to each other instead of casually talking (like, we are speaking a different language from a different world ;D) and we have our moments where we randomly burst out laughing at the top of our lungs after attempting to communicate through facial expression.

I can spend the entire day doing nothing with Joyce and by the end of the day, make a million memories out of it. And most importantly, she brings out the best in me and makes me a better person just by being herself.

We've had our ups and downs and in this close to 2 years friendship, I've learnt a lot of things. I've learnt that sometimes, you just got to learn to give & take. You can't have everything your way, and compromising with each other is really important. I've learnt that even if you don't agree with each other, instead of arguing about the most pointless things, sometimes, you just got to shut up, and keep your opinions to yourself. Ego & pride counts for nothing when your measuring it to friendship.



Some of our mutual friends in JPYM sees me and Joyce as 'one' so I guess it wouldn't be wrong to say that sometimes, people do sees us as twins probably because we are always seen within a 5-10m radius of each other. If Joyce isn't standing with me, people usually proceeds to ask me, 'Where's Joyce?' and vice versa. Sometimes, I feel like I need to know the whereabouts of Joyce just in case people ask me. But sometimes, it's just annoying.

However, I think we both try & make a conscious effort not to be 'glued' to each other when we are hanging out as a group though, by the end of the day, we always find ourselves walking beside each other and gossiping(?) - *post ends abruptly*

I think we are both truely blessed by God to have such an awesome friendship.

When you are sad, I will dry your tears.
When you are scared, I will comfort you.
When you are worried, I will give you hope.
When you are confused, I will help you cope.
And when you are lost, and can't see the light.
Just know that I shall be your beacon, shining ever so bright.

This is my oath, I pledge till the end.
Why you may ask? Because your my friend.




Love you, ogly.