Time for some humble pie.

Posted by May on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

There are times in my life where I find myself a little deflated and winded. Usually, I try and not let my emotions rub on others but sometimes they do and sometimes, I lose all control over it. Sometimes, I find myself becoming so hot-tempered and temperamental that I end up finding myself unleashing my anger upon the next unlucky person that crosses my path.

Sometimes, even with such silent fury that it could make dinosaurs cry. I'm sure that if I was at the receiving end of such ferocity, I would be really hurt but it seems like I'm usually just the one dishing it out. I'm actually really ashamed talking about this which is why it's taken me a little over 2 weeks to blog about it.

Sometimes I get so annoyed at someone to a point where I stare at their skulls with such intensity that I feel like I have posesses the ability to blow someone's heads off with a blink of an eye. It's usually when this happens that I realize I'm due for a hiatus.

Sometimes, I seem to have everything going for me and I think I might be beginning to lose it. It's high time for some reality check and have me grounded again. Sometimes, I think I might have too much wind in my sails, it's always good to take some wind out of me. Sometimes I forget that no one owes ME a living - absoutely no one at all.

There are times I get to level ten and forget that I once started off from ground level. Sometimes, I begin breathing the air up at level ten and forget the sights I once saw when I was at level one. Sometimes, I get too big for myself.

It's moments like this when I realize that it’s time for some humbling. Eat some humble pie. Learn to practise restraint, tolerance, and empathy again. Learn to shut up, swallow some pride, take down some built-up walls and ego.

So, I' m not perfect, I never will be. I'm gonna screw up, break hearts, make mistakes, take you for granted, and who knows what else I'll do. But right now, I'm here...

And right now, I'm trying.