Obedience to God.

Posted by May on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The many voices in our lives can sometimes be a distraction from truly sensing the significant. When we listen to too many voices, significance starts to become elusive. You don’t know whom to please. But God’s view of us is concrete. Genuine significance is rooted and grounded in Him.

A significant woman bases her identity on who God says she is, and she is committed to do nothing more and nothing less than what her identity demands. In other words, as I line up my thoughts to God’s thoughts about me, I will become a woman He can use. When I see myself through His eyes, I realize my value. I am nothing more than a woman saved by His grace, but I am nothing less than a new creation.

When I see myself through God’s eyes, I realize His plan for me is only found in obedience. I am nothing more than a servant and am nothing less than an ambassador. I’m not the master, so I don’t make up the rules. There is one God, and it’s not me! All that He requires from a servant is obedience—there is nothing more I can add. Being an ambassador opens up opportunities. The more God can trust me, the more He will entrust to me. So anything less than obedience means I risk missing out on His precious plans for me.

http://www.adporto.net/wallpapers/adporto.net_wallpaperforchrist.com_008.jpg