A new beginning

Posted by May on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I finally feel like a new door is finally opening for me, but yet I have to admit, it hasn't been all that simple. It has involved a lot of inner strength and nostalgic thoughts to find the strength to close the old door. I think it's really all part of me wanting to be a better person.



We are fully responsible for the person we are today and as much as I believe in dodging our responsibilities, and running away from the past, I don't believe anyone can dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities. For me, it's affected me in many different ways but it's definitely carved and shape the way I think and perceive the world today both good and bad. But, I've come to accept that whatever has happened is not my fault in any way.

I believe that God has a reason for bringing every single person in your life. Every time someone walks in your life, you're bound to learn something about them. If after goodbye you realise you've learnt nothing, well then maybe, they didn't mean that much to you afterall.

But what's probably more important than just knowing that a new door is opening is the willingness to let go and walk away. It's not so much the pain of letting go, but it's more towards the fact that it's made you the person you are today, and letting go could mean becoming a totally new person. Of course it's not going to be a change that will take place overnight, that I can be sure of, but wanting to change for the better is already half the battle won.

And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.

~ Psalm 9:10