Letting Go

Posted by May on Saturday, October 23, 2010

As much as this might sound like a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. It's not.

--

Moments trapped in time to never be forgotten. Stuck in the back of your mind or in a frame on the wall. They're something to look back on. They're something to remind you of all the good times and the bad. I remember every detail of the best moments. I remember every detail of your face and the sound of your voice. I remember the words you had said and the things you did. I remember it all, and I miss it.

Though, I wish that I had never met you. No need to want a brother. No need for loving to love, no need for crying over you. No need for crying myself to sleep when you left. No need for acting like you care. No need, for everything you've done to make me feel like absolutely nothing.

But then again, I'm kinda glad that I met you. Cause you were the one who always asked me if anything was wrong. You were the one who loved me for me. The one who cared when everyone else didn't. The one who listened. The one who stayed up all night just to talk about the randomness shit ever. You were the one who I told ALL my secrets too. The one who taught me new things. The one who laughed at my bad joke. The one who did things, just for me.

How can I move on if I'm still living in the past? And how can I take a step forward, leaving the past behind, if I can’t even begin to forgive what the past holds? How can I love someone for who they are, yet want to hate them for what they’ve done? I guess that’s what it boils down to is this — there are always those defining moments, times that makes us or breaks us, builds us or tears us apart, help us progress further or stop us dead in our tracks.

And for whichever way I may choose, there’s a consequence of equal value. It’s a true test of what I stand for, where I came from, and where I'm headed. These are moments that I live for, breathe for, and fight for. These are the defining moments that leave imprints forever in my hearts.

These are choices that could bring me one step closer to forgiving you. I guess in order to move on from the past, I must learn to forgive it. And forgiving may mean letting go.