Definition of Love

Posted by May on Friday, September 10, 2010

A few days ago, I was talking to Andre on MSN and we came across a topic about love and trust. I told him that there are days where I feel like I'm battling everything alone and that sometimes, I can't help but feel like no one cares about me. There are days I feel so lonely like no one understands what I'm going through. He told me that at times, we just have to let go of our insecurities and just trust that people care. He continued by saying that if there's no trust - there can't be love. You know that you love someone when you find yourself being completely open with them.

I have to admit, I've never seen love in this point of view before. I guess my definition of love has always been very basic and simple. If you love that person, you would shed tears for/about them. But I came across this definition of love that really made me agree that Love isn't just about who you would shed tears for, or who you would take a bullet for. It also isn't about who you've known the longest.



Love is giving someone the power to destroy you -- but trusting them not to. Giving someone the ability to hurt you, but trusting them not to. Love is having someone who knows you inside out and still loves you whole heartedly.

--

My top 4!