Imperfection

Posted by May on Sunday, August 29, 2010

As you can tell, this blog layout is not exactly perfect. It's not aligned properly - it's got its own flaws. Initially, I did plan on trying to make it close to perfection but I've been told that nobody is perfect - nothing is perfect. However, I've also been told by others that practice makes perfect. Sometimes I wish they'd actually make up their mind.


The more I live, the more I realize the impact of perfection in my life. Perfection is like two horizontal lines, the journey doesn't end until they both meet - therefore, it's a journey with no end. I''m not perfect, it scares me knowing that I'm nowhere near it. If my life is not perfect, then why should all the flaws on my blog be hidden?

Isn't a blog like snapshot of us, bloggers, working in progress? I'll tell you guys the wonderful thing about a blog and what makes it a piece of performance art - in my opinion. (and also why, everyone should have a blog!) To me, a blog is a virtual permanent record of our impermanency, a record of our growth and change, and the patterns of who we are and who we are becoming and at times, who we intend to become.

It's powerful because it's public but because it's public and because blogging is rarely a carefully planned event for most of us (most of us kinda wing through it, right? I know I do) means that you're going to find flaws of life on it. And if the purpose of my blog is to reflect my life and my life isn't perfect, then why should my blog be any different? Therefore, I decided to leave it as it is. I actually like how it looks right now - I like the imperfection that comes with it.

Moving on, I have my reasons for coming back on this blog and moving most of my posts from my other blog to this one. Yesterday, I was reading through my past blog post on this blog and I came across a few blog post which once didn't mean much to me, but now.. it seems to mean a whole lot more. I even created a special column for it on the right hand side. Check 'em out!

And, I'm sure that people is going to wish that I would elaborate on this a little more. But, it's something that I do not want to remember, I don't intend to remember it. The good thing is that whatever has been affecting me in my life has really made me a stronger person. There are things that have happened that I wish didn't happen and there are things that have happened that I wish I could have help prevent, but sometimes life doesn't go the way we want it too. And, I guess that's what makes life so interesting.

Even though it's my life, my way - it's god's way.