May & Abby

Posted by May on Thursday, May 27, 2010

I think, there are times when we try to *click* with someone and when we don't succeed the first time, we lose hope and sometimes, we become discouraged and don't even bother trying in the future because we think that if we are meant to get along, it will come naturally. And I'm not denying that I don't think like that, because I do. But as time went by, I realize that I was wrong. I started to observe how people put in an effort to get to know me and in return, I found myself putting in an effort to get to know them. If I didn't do the same, the friendships I have now would never have worked out the way it has.

Sure, most of my friendship did not actually start the way I would have liked it to start off and to be honest, some of them.. I never really thought there was any hope or spark of a friendship there but hey, friendship is and will always be a rollercoaster ride. You can either hold on tight to the railing no matter how unsmooth the ride is or you can shout 'I give up'.

So anyways.. the reason why I begin my blog post about this is because I never thought that Me and Abby could really *click* to a point where we would really get down nitty gritty and get to know each other for who each other are. I don't mean to make this sound bad but our friendship was very 'organic' (basic). We knew each other, we didn't mind each other's company, but we never really knew in-depth of each other? And so, tonight.. we got our chance.

Let's just say, it all started out when I invited her to hang out with me and my cell-group at darkzone. Unfortunately, there was a darkzone league going on and we didn't know about it. As a result, the plans for cell-group was totally screwed up and Me and Abby decided to go have dinner before heading back to the library/Abby's flat to study.

So we decided to go Myaree, and we ate at...

IPOH GARDEN!

(we were going to eat at the Hong Kong place but it was closed!)



We could not decide on what to order...

So we ordered... *drum rolls*

23 Ipoh "New Town" Curry Laksa

13 Ipoh Hor Fun

25 Hainanese Chicken Rice

Honestly, we could not decide which to get so we ended up getting all 3. It really was such a hard decision to make but possibly the best decision because all 3 of them were just so yummy.

Root Beer!

And we chatted a little more before the food came out...


When the food came out, the only thing running through our head were..

Oh no! What have we done to ourself, but not to fear...
JPYM representatives are here...
(That rhymes!)

And, we finished everything without ANY complains except for a few pieces of chicken..

So anyways, we stayed at the restaurent for over 2 hours just chatting and bonding with each other. And gosh, time really flew by...

Don't get us mistaken, there was a time way back in February when we were hanging out with a group of friends where our friendship started to make some progress and she shared with me things here and there occasionally but I guess we both never really put in the effort to make it last when we stopped hanging out with that group until today.

So anyways, we got bubble tea and headed back to Abby's flat to continue talking until 11.30p.m when I decided to head home because I had a curfew.

Let's just say.. the talk that we had shall remain a secret.

We made a pact, a handshake AND that is legit.
(kinda like a pinky promise, no one breaks a pinky promise!)

Right so this post might get a little messy but here are some pictures of JPYM'ers at Murdoch library 'studying' just before Me and Abby headed to darkzone to meet up with my cell-group.


I swear I did get work done!!
This was during our unexpected 'breaks'.

Which consisted mostly of watching youtube videos & laughing uncontrollably.
Oh, and it's awesome how we have the same taste when we come to youtube videos.

I might be killed for uploading this...

But, revenge sure is sweet!


--

So anyways, I casually asked Abby if she would like to type up a one paragraph about tonight and she gladly agreeded. (She even wrote more than 1 paragraph!)

She asked me to edit and cut things out but I'm not going to be doing that.

So here it goes...

HERRO peoples! ANYWHO, what I am about to write now is what I WOULD write if I had a blog, but I don’t because I don’t think I can keep up with the pace/awesomeness of other professional bloggers and I would actually like disappoint my blog stalkers and end up with rotten eggs thrown at my window HAHAHA! SOOOO I opted that out, but here’s an amateur go at it.

May Zhang. What can I say. What can you say?? Yeah. You can say a lot biatch! Yes I can! (Totally had a bipolar moment then) She is totally…wait for it…VAIT FOR ITTT…MAY-VERLOUS! Like marvelous…mayverlous like cuz mar sounds like may cuz u know…yeah. No? okay fine. I thought it was pretty catchy & imaginative, but okay.

I thought tonight was really special because I got MAY-VERLOUS (should I stop saying that?) ALL to myself and we had our very first one-on-one which I thought was hell awesome. Since exams are in TWO DAYS (*slits wrists= excess blood loss*) I was library-ing alongside May & the Anthony’s. Anywho, May had plans to laser tag with another crew of people and asked if I wanted to tag along (chyyeahhh booiii) but that plan got stuffed up and we ended up going to IPOH restaurant in Myaree for dinner! I know God was being extra sneaky here and planned the night like this, so me and May would get one-on-one time. The conversation is disclosed, but let me just say, I’m really really glad the night turned out the way that it did. =D

May is someone who at first might, wait no, WILL come across as a very, very shy individual. And I have to admit when I first met her way back at the end of last year, I thought that we might not gel just because I was an obnoxious loudmouth and she was completely the opposite. BUT when you crack her shell open and dig in deep to find the REAL May, DAMN that girl has SPUNK and PERSONALITY and she’s hell funny too (you turn my insides into knots from all the laughter- I literally had bowel problems).

MAY, you may like totally love me cuz of my American accent (WHY, I PRONOUNCE STUFF WERIDLY=P), but I now realize that I actually LOVE YOU for you. You actually are a living example that people are really not what they seem at first and you should never judge a book by its cover cuz that person might turn out to be one of the few people that you trust or love. Keep being yourself, be true to your heart and if you do happen to change, I know that it will be a positive change. I know God’s on your side, but I want you to know that I am too. I love you, and SO TOTALLY got your back. MWAHHHHHHHHHHH SEX-AY
(That wasn’t a paragraph)

--

So yeah, and here is my response to Abby.

Hey Abby dizzle my fizzle for shizzle nizzle! It was really an awesome time to really get to bond with you. I think the talk that we had was honestly an awesome conversation. I'm really glad that you found the REAL May because most people don't see that or try to break open that shell. And even though I barely revealed secrets, it was funny to see how you reacted when you realized something about me that you didn't know before that was always there for sharing, you just needed to dig for it and I am glad you did that today. I sure am sorry that I haven't been putting the effort to get to know you even though somehow we manage to have d&m conversations here & there without knowing it.

*nudges*

And you know that whatever happens, I got your back!

And also, I don't love you just because of your American accent! If I did I would be loving George Bush wouldn't I? You silly girl. I love you, because your you. And that's all that matters.

Oh yeah, so much for us studying - 3 days before exam!